The Department of Ecology of the French Institute of Pondicherry invites application for the post of Researcher in Plant Ecology (permanent position). Last date of submission of application is 22 December 2017. Interested candidates should apply by sending a covering letter and a CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Researcher in Plant Ecology
● Position: Researcher in plant ecology
● Place of work: French Institute of Pondicherry, Puducherry, India
● Mission: Research in plant ecology and conservation ecology under the authority of the head of the Department of Ecology
● Salary level and conditions: 43-75000 INR/Month according experience
Essential Educational qualifications
● PhD in Ecology
● Fields of specialization: biology, forest ecology, plant biodiversity and conservation
● Desirable: International post-doctoral research experience
Knowledge and skills
● Strong theoretical background in plant ecology, functional and evolutionary ecology;
● Plant taxonomy, methods and tools of identification (in-depth knowledge of the South India Flora and Indian ecosystems);
● Autonomy in statistical analysis and R language programing;
● Ability to independently plan and execute research projects including field work, analysis, publishing and communicating results;
● Ability to apply for external grants and to participate in interdisciplinary projects with other teams/departments;
● Awareness of palynology, coastal and wetland ecology, GIS and spatial analysis (desirable);
● Good knowledge of the Indian biodiversity conservation regulations and institutions;
● Good knowledge of hygiene and safety policy, legal and deontological frameworks;
● Proficiency in English language, including written scientific communication.
How to Apply
Candidate should apply by sending motivation letter + CV by email at: email@example.com
Last Date of the receipt of the application is 22 December, 2017.
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview before 15 January, 2018.